What You Need To Do After Your First Offense for Drug PossessionMay 1, 2020
Needing Out Of State Bail?July 1, 2020
If you or a loved one have recently been arrested and were given a bail amount that you cannot financially handle on your own, then don’t worry because there are ways that you can still post bond.
Over 540,000 people are locked up who haven’t been convicted or sentenced. This is because they cannot afford to pay the bail amount set by the judge.
Don’t let your loved one continue to be one of them. To make bail, try one of these solutions:
- Friends & Family Loan – Some people don’t like to take loans from their friends and family, but in the case of going to jail, you might want to see if they will help you. Being stuck in jail can cause serious problems like the loss of a job, and this could hurt your friends and family long-term.
- Fundraising Online – In today’s world of online availability, there are many avenues you can venture into that can help you raise support for times like these. You can tell your story and why you need the help. Friends, family, and even strangers can choose to donate to the cause.
- Church Groups – Some church groups have programs in place that help people raise money for bail. If you are involved with a church, you should speak to them first and see if they can help you out in this pinch. Some churches even have programs in place to help strangers so even if you aren’t part of a church, they will sometimes help you in a time of need.
- Ask Your Lawyer – Sometimes your lawyer will know about resources you aren’t aware of in the area. While you might not be able to get the whole amount of the bond taken care by a single solution, they might have some good ideas about what to do.
- Bail Bonds Companies – Bail bond companies are in place for the sole purpose of helping people that can’t afford their entire bond. These companies are often the best choice since they know the ins and outs of the process. You may want to learn how bonds work so you understand what is happening.
Instead of trying to figure out what to do and how to get released on bond, you can allow the company to take care of everything. When you work with a bail bond company, you will need to pay part of your bond upfront, and then they pay the rest. Coming up with a fraction of the total bond is usually more within reach of most people facing these challenges.
To learn more about how Big Mike’s Bail Bonds can help you in your time of need, contact us today!